Case Study One
The organisation wanted to establish a centralised procurement service to ensure consistency in approach across all departments.
Following a review of its existing management systems we implemented a centralised “Contracts Office” for all procurement requirements of the organisation and provided ongoing management. This included:
- The development and implementation of a purchasing policy, procedures manual, templates and forms and purchasing and contract management plans;
- Preparation of performance and costing reports for issue to management and departments;
- Directly managing tenders and all purchasing requirements and supervising purchasing staff;
- Writing tender scopes of work and selection criteria;
- Conducting contract negotiations, preparing contracts, liaising with legal advisors, suppliers; and
- Integrating major/regular suppliers into the organisation’s Financial Management Information ordering system.
This lead to the centralised management of all procurement and contract management functions for asset maintenance and management services resulting in significant cost and service delivery improvements.