David Ashton, Principal Consultant/CEO, is an experienced professional who has held senior (to state manager level) commercial, operational and general management positions across a range of industry sectors demonstrating a capability to adapt his skills and experience to succeed in new environments.
His key strengths include being able to see the big picture, perseverance, organisational and time management skills, developing solid working relationships, ability to influence and persuade, strong negotiation, verbal and written skills and whole of business awareness. He is a corporate executive with integrity, high motivation and energy, who is able to lead and grow businesses in tough environments whilst possessing a strong commercial acumen and governance discipline.
His skill set provides for organisational flexibility and efficiency by having him perform a range of tasks which might otherwise be carried out by several people.
David is ideally suited to a challenging leadership role with high levels of accountability, autonomy and requiring strong strategic, commercial, financial and human resource management competence in an organisation that is seeking to go to another level.
- Asset and Facilities Management;
- Management Consultancy;
- Wagering and Gaming;
- Local and State Government;
- Accommodation and mining camp management (catering, cleaning, maintenance, accommodation management); and
- Corporate Real Estate (Sales, Leasing, Management).
- Risk, Compliance, Governance, Business Continuity – development and implementation of plans, procedures and policies;
- Implementing business management systems and process improvements leading to changes in organisational culture, productivity and financial performance;
- Development and implementation of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality management systems including Lead Auditor services;
- Business and Strategic Planning – facilitating the development of and writing plans and managing implementation;
- Legislation and policy review, development and management through governmental processes;
- Human resource management, leading project teams, membership of a corporate executive team and state management responsibilities – experience with Aboriginal and disability engagement and employment;
- Financial Management including preparation of financial models, reports and performance analysis for company and clients, budgeting, P&L responsibility;
- Procurement and Contract Management / Estimating ;
- Land, Property and Asset Management including lease negotiation, acquisition, re-zoning, facilities/property management, local government approvals – project management of capital works developments, building fit-outs, renovations and onsite maintenance;
- Client and supplier relationship management, community and stakeholder engagement;
- Fleet, plant and equipment management – preventative and reactive maintenance, insurance and establishing and review ongoing contracts;
- Records management and document control – Freedom of Information and Privacy;
- Business Development, tender preparation; and
- Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, MYOB, TRIM, Oracle, JD Edwards, Authority, Finance One.
- Master of Accounting – Currently in Progress;
- Diploma of Quality Auditing (OHS , QMS , EMS, Risk) – 2012;
- AICD Company Directors Course (Residential Program) –2012;
- Sales Representative (Licence No.: 56183) (REIWA) – 2007;
- Master of Business Administration (Finance, HR, Marketing, Management, Business Strategy) – 2001; and
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences) (Economics, Political Economy, Management Theory, Asian Business and Culture, Media) – 1994.
- Expert Director – South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council (SWALSC) (Since April 2016).
- Chairperson – SWALSC Audit, Risk and Finance Committee (Since July 2016)